The Alma Sandal | Kit
This style is super easy in preparation as you only trace and cut two main sections, make two straps, and attach two buckles! When it comes to forming the shape of the sandal over the foot, you will position the main section of leather first and once you are happy with it, you will then position the strap over the top - easy!
All the materials and instructional support to create your sandals!
- Access to instructional online video lessons
- PDF instructional booklet with illustrations
- PDF patterns of chosen style (all sizes)
- Leather for shoe upper
- EVA high density midsole material @ 4mm thickness
- Resin/rubber pre-cut heel pieces @ 6mm height
- Resin/rubber pre-cut outsoles @ 3mm thickness (accommodates women’s sizes 6-12. Larger soles can be arranged via email)
- Leather rand
- Black buckles
- Needle and thread
- Shoe glue & brushes
- Tracing pencil
You do not need to choose a size for this kit as the patterns and instructions accommodate any size.
- Heavy duty scissors for cutting curved lines through the leather
- Rotary blade or knife for cutting straight lines through the leather
- Measuring tape
- Paper or light cardboard
- Metal ruler to help cut straight lines (or something similar)
- Gas lighter to melt the wax thread)
- Cutting mat
- Shears or pliers for cutting through soling material & heels
The final step of sandal making is to smooth the edges of your soles. This can be done using a sanding belt or a metal file. You can either purchase both items from your local tool store, or you can take your formed sandals to a shoe repairer to do the final sanding/smoothing. This should be an inexpensive option.
Ever changing limited edition colours are available for the kits! Please note that any one colour is extremely limited in supply so may only be available for a short time, and as a once off.
All parcels are sent via Australia Post. You can choose parcel post or express post at checkout. Kits will be packed and delivered to Australia Post within 48 hours from time of order. In the event that there are packing delays, you will be notified via email.
COVID-19 UPDATE: Please expect delays due to the impact of Covid-19 on all postage services. Refer to this table for delivery time estimates: https://auspost.com.au/about-us/news-media/important-updates/coronavirus/coronavirus-international-updates#international