The Romi Sandal | Kit
Ever changing limited edition colours are available for the kits! Please note that any one colour is extremely limited in supply so may only be available for a short time, and as a once off.
Choose The Odd-Bits Kits Option...
Turn your kit into an Odd Bits Kit! This option is comprised of the same items as all other kits (based on chosen style), but instead the leather component comes as a carefully selected bundle of remnant leather rather than one larger piece. Just enter the code: ODD-BITS during checkout to participate and receive $50 off your order as a thank you!
* If you would rather the kit it in it's original form (one large piece of leather), do not use the above the code.
About this style:
The Romi Sandal is a great style to choose if you want a pair of of easy to slide on summer sandals! Whilst it is one of the fastest styles to make due to the minimal number of steps to get through, it can be moderately challenging to form the large piece of leather that goes across your foot. This process requires manipulation and a little patience, but you will definitely get there!
All the materials and instructional support to create your sandals!
- Access to instructional online video lessons
- PDF instructional booklet with illustrations
- PDF patterns for chosen style (all sizes)
- Leather for shoe upper
- EVA high density midsole material @ 4mm thickness
- Resin/rubber pre-cut heel pieces @ 6mm height
- Resin/rubber pre-cut outsoles @ 3mm thickness
- (accommodates women’s sizes 6-12. Larger soles can be arranged via email)
- Leather rand
- Shoe glue & brushes
- Tracing pencil
Items you will need to source:
- Heavy duty scissors for cutting curved lines through the leather
- Measuring tape
- Paper or light cardboard
- Shears or pliers for cutting through soling material & heels
The final step of sandal making is to smooth the edges of your soles. This can be done using a sanding belt or a metal file. You can either purchase both items from your local tool store, or you can take your formed sandals to a shoe repairer to do the final sanding/smoothing. This should be an inexpensive option.
You do not need to choose a size for this kit as the patterns and instructions accommodate any size.
All parcels are now sent via Australia Post. You can choose parcel post or express post at checkout. Kits will be packed and delivered to Australia Post within 72 hours from time of order.